Search This Blog

Monday, December 20, 2010

Video Blog

As you might be able to tell, messed up at the beginning of the video by laughing. I do that in almost anything that is put on camera. The only reason why she didn't start over was because I had had many outtakes before becasue of a giggle attack so she kind of got sick of it after a while so she kept going. I expected it too. You'll notice how I'm holding a piece of paper which included my responses for the question my teacher was asking. Naturally, I barely used them at all. It's just something I've always done. Since I always do that you're probably asking why I even bother answering the questions on a piece of paper. Well, I can't completely wing something right out of the top of my head. I need some prior knowledge about what I'm going to say and I used that paper for reference. Well, enough with the chit-chat. Here's the video.

*   The Big Idea: Describe your team's game topic. What is the most important concept you want your players to learn?
*   My game topic is sports injuries. The concept I want to enforce the most is order of operations because many kids that I know struggle with that topic and if you don’t learn order of operations, it’s going to be very hard to do other math above order of operations.
*  Making Decisions as a Team: How did your individual ideas from "Imagining Your Game" come together for your team game topic? How did your team decide the topic?
*  When I was doing Imagining Your Game, I had just decided that sports injuries was going to be my social issue because of all of the injuries that were going on currently at that time. Some of those can be career-enders.
*  Roles & Responsibilities: Tell us more about your team process. Please each talk about your specific roles, and how you work together.
*  Since we are not in groups and we are by ourselves, everything is our responsibility. I like that better because there’s no arguing over what you want someone to do and what you have to do.
*  Research: What kind of research went into the way you will express the game topic?
*  Wikipedia played a huge part in the researching of my game topic. It was very useful and accurate because I had prior knowledge of that topic and it all was on there. I knew about concussions and ACL tears and all of that kind of stuff.
*  The User Experience: Explain the game play. What actions does the player take in the game? Has this changed since you first started planning your game? Why?
*  The player in my game has to answer order of operations questions and after they answer it they get an opportunity to run with the football. You cannot run out of bounds and if you get tackled, depending on whether you got the problem right or not you get injured or depending on what spot they hit you at, you will be alright. It has not changed from the start, my idea of the game play because I felt that I had a great idea that will teach the game players more about football, order of operations, and sports injuries.
*  Mastering Flash: What Flash resources have been most helpful in your learning so far, and why? How did you locate these resources?
*  The Flash movies on the actual Flash program have helped me the most because when I’m in the middle of making a scene with movement, I can see my progress and if I have something wrong I will be able to fix it to where I can make it better so I’m learning from my mistakes. I located these resources from Mrs. Sheppard’s tutorial on Flash.
*  Overcoming Challenges: What curriculum topic has been most difficult for you so far? How did you overcome this difficulty?
*  I think staying caught up with the rest of the class has been the most difficult for me so I have had to come in for lunch zap away from my friends to work on my Globaloria work. It has paid off though and now I am caught up.

No comments:

Post a Comment